"Did you really think that we want those laws to be observed?” said Dr. Ferris. "We want them broken. You'd better get it straight that it's not a bunch of boy scouts you're up against - then you'll know that this is not the age for beautiful gestures. We're after POWER and we mean it. You fellows were pikers, but we know the real trick, and you'd better get wise to it. There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants a nation of law-abiding citizens? What's there in that for anyone? But just pass the kind of laws that can neither be observed nor enforced nor objectively interpreted - and you create a nation of law-breakers – and then you cash in on the guilt. Now, that's the system, Mr. Rearden, that's the game and once you understand it, you'll be much easier to deal with." ~Ayn Rand in Atlas Shrugged.
There has been a lot said here and other places—especially Facebook—about the City of Conway’s proposed ban
A bank robber was asked why he always held up banks instead of something less secure. He replied “because that’s where the money is.” In fact, there’s a lot of money in the Horry County garbage dump, otherwise known as the “landfill.”
It’s no secret that the garbage business has long been a favorite revenue source for organized crime, although there is
- CITY COUNCIL BANS COKE PRODUCTS
- Conway City Council Experiments and Exasperates the Public
- Steel Magnolias of UCLA-In The South, We Do It This Way...
- Smoking Bans Have Quite a History
- What Ken said to Barbie: Hidden Messages in Films?
- The Whittemore Newsletter Hour of Power- Talking with the Dems
- Don’t Be Afraid to Stand By Your Man
- Max's Corner Episode 12 - Man Toys
- Thank You For Not Posting
- CJ "Conway SC ____" Analytics Winners
- Luthernomics Part 2